Welcome to SpanThatWorld.com! The online home of the District Fellows Movement, the 16-20 age group of the cooperative children and young people's charity The Woodcraft Folk.
VIDEOS ARE AWESOME!
YES, YES THEY ARE
and we need some new ones
Why haven’t there been any new videos in a while?
- Reason #1: My laptop has died. Thankfully Nick’s Dad has leant me one. But it’s a little elderly and can’t cope with the strains of editing HD video. Which is what all the footage for the new DF Committe video was filmed in. Clever that.
- Reason #2: I actually did make a video about the new Rough Guides that are being made. But the software I made it with, nice and free and open source, was less than functional. Thus, although the video is finished, I can’t render it.
But, just because the gods are against me making a video doesn’t mean we can’t go to V Camp with a host of new, beautiful, dynamic, DF Videos to get all those wee Venturers excited about their futures.
I have a couple of ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- A Video about your first DF event, what were the best bits, what bits surprised you and which bits will you remember for ever?
- A video about your last event, what were your best times, what will you miss, what will you take with you into the wide world of Kinsfolk Land?
- A video about Organising a DF event. You could interview people from old coordinating teams, or current ones, and see what tips and tricks they have for future coordinators.
- The Worker Co-op Council have offered a £200 -£300 donation to DFs for the making of a video about worker coops. (Contact Richard Robertson for deets)
Don’t worry if you’re not a fantastic writer, actor and editor. If you’re only good at one of those things you can email me and I’ll find you a team that includes someone for everything. The internet is a wonderful place.
So, if you want to get involved and show off DFs to the next generation all you need to do is email me at email@example.com, with your ideas and any skills you have and I’ll set you up with a team, if you need one, or try and help you in whatever way you do need.
Here is some inspiration: