Welcome to SpanThatWorld.com! The online home of the District Fellows Movement, the 16-20 age group of the cooperative children and young people's charity The Woodcraft Folk.
South East Thing Final Update
South East Thing, important last minute info.
How to get there…..
The nearest train station is East Grinstead, from here there are buses to forest row (where broadstone warren scout site is).
So far these seem to be the number 291 and 391 and these leave around (give or take up to five minutes) half past the hour every hour from the station.
The journey takes about 10 minutes and there may be other buses but as ofyet I havent been able to find info on them so it might be useful to ask a friendly looking person at the station
When to come….
We are allowed to arrive from 6 on Friday and have to leave on 4 on Sunday.
What to bring…..
you will need to bring:
- A sleeping bag and pillow for your bed,
- Cuddly toys are also encouraged!
- Toiletries, any snacks you may want,
- Clothes – normal and dress up (onesies!)
- Your faveourite mug or tea cup for the tea party
- A grub kit.
- Your wacky-est hat
- If you are over 18 you can bring a small amount of alcohol but drinking underage and to excess isn’t tolerated at the site so please dont go crazy. Any and all drinking must happen outside of business time only.
we are allowed to play music/films untill 11 and i am going to bring some speakers. Please bring some of your music if you would like to play it.
if you need any help with anything along the way then give me a call my number is :
Please do not abuse this privilidge
Thanks so much for coming to South East Thing, i honestly cant wait its gonna be brilliant
Lots of hippy peace and lurve