Welcome to SpanThatWorld.com! The online home of the District Fellows Movement, the 16-20 age group of the cooperative children and young people's charity The Woodcraft Folk.
***UPDATED!***Shared Planet! For Free!?!?!***UPDATE***
STILL PLACES LEFT! I’M GOING TO BOOK THE PLACES THIS WEEKEND (6/11) SO GET BACK TO ME BEFORE THEN!
EVEN IF YOU’RE NOT SURE. LET ME KNOW!
UPDATED LIST OF PEOPLE THAT WILL BE THERE!!!
- Hannah Elsisi – Eyewitness to the Egyptian revolution
- Firoze Manji – Leading Kenyan author, journalist and activist, former Amnesty International director in Africa (read an interview with him)
- Peter Tatchell – Leading UK activist
- Robin Ince – Activist comedian
- Zita Holbourne – Co- founder and National Co-Chair of Black Activists Rising Against Cuts
- Katie Clark MP – Labour MP for North Ayrshire and Arran
- Darren Johnson AM – Green Party member of the London Assembly
- Maritza Vargas – a trade unionist from the Dominican Republic
- Christina Lor – activist from Wisconsin and our sister organisation, United Students Against Sweatshops
- Ben Brangwyn – Transition network Co-founder
- Alys Fowler – Author, TV presenter, thrifty gardener
- Danni Paffard – UK Uncut
- Crystal Lameman – First Nation Canadian tar sands activist
- John Chritensen – Tax Justice Network
- Shiv Malik – author, Jilted Generation, journalist
- Edd Bauer – activist imprisoned for 10 days for a banner drop
- Ed Marsh – NUS Vice President
- Robin Parker – NUS Scotland President
- Tim Gee – author, Counterpower – making change happen
In the interest of strengthening relationships between Dfs, Woodcraft and People and Planet and because it’s an awesome weekend, tree have agreed to fund 7 places to Shared Planet. I’ll be taking one (‘cos I’m well excited) so grab one of the 6 while you can!
When: 12th-13th November
Where:Oxford Town hall
Cost: Free for the event (normally £25) but you will need to pay for travel (£1 megabuses!)
What!?: Shared Planet is People and Planet’s annual weekend of discussions, workshops, action planning and partying. There’s always great things happening. This year’s no exception!
Human Rights campaigner, Peter Tatchell, will be giving his views
There will be a party on the Saturday, and loaaaads of fascinating workshops.
” I went last year and it was genuinely brilliant. I met people involved in amazing projects all over the country and really felt like it was something worth being involved in. My only issue was having to pay for it. I heard you could go for free with woodcraft this year though?!” Said one, completely unbiased person who went last year.
We will also be having a DFs/Woodcraft/Blank Canvas stall there covered in all of our beautiful publications and smiley faces. IT’S GONNA BE AMAAAAAAZING!
Check out http://peopleandplanet.org/shared-planet-2011 for more info!
p.s. We need to book soon so please get back to me quickly